Last modified: 2007-06-23 by ivan sache
Keywords: columba |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The company operated a service from Antwerp, the company seat, to Canada, using four ships, each of about 2,000 tons. There were negociations with the Canadian government concerning a possible takeover in 1896.
Jan Mertens, 24 February 2007
The house flag of Columba, as shown on a share issued in 1894 and shown on the Boone Scripophily website, is white with a red cross throughout and in the centre a blue disk bearing a white dove flying away from the hoist. The dove recalls the name of the company (in French, a dove is a ).Jan Mertens, 24 February 2007